Looking for the best way to clean quartz countertops? In this comprehensive guide, we’ll provide you with expert tips and techniques to keep your quartz surfaces looking pristine and beautiful.
What is the best way to clean quartz countertops?
Cleaning a quartz countertop is an essential part of its maintenance to ensure its longevity and beauty. When it comes to cleaning quartz, it’s important to use proper techniques and products that won’t damage or dull its surface.
Lucciare Laurence Gold unveils delicate, sinuous veins enriched with glistening gold-toned metallic inlays.
Here are some expert tips on the best way to clean your quartz countertop:
- Start by wiping the surface with a soft, damp cloth or soft sponge. This will remove any loose debris or spills on the surface.
- For everyday routine cleaning, use a mild dish soap or a pH-balanced cleaner specifically formulated for quartz. Make sure to dilute the cleaner according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Gently scrub the countertop using a non-abrasive sponge or soft-bristle brush. Avoid using abrasive cleaners, scouring pads, or scrub brushes as they can scratch the surface of the quartz.
- Rinse the countertop thoroughly with clean water to remove any residue from the cleaning solution. It’s important to remove all traces of the cleaner to prevent any buildup on the surface.
- Dry the countertop with a soft cloth or towel to prevent water spots and streaks from forming. Make sure to dry any seams or edges as well.
- For tough stains or dried spills, use a gentle cleaner specifically designed for quartz countertops. Apply the cleaner to the stain and let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing gently with a non-abrasive sponge. Rinse and dry as usual.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals such as bleach, abrasive cleaners, or products that contain ammonia or vinegar, as they can damage the quartz surface and cause it to become dull.
What cleaning products are recommended for quartz countertops?
Lucciare surfaces are considered non-porous. If you desire to disinfect your countertops, we recommend any of the following disinfectants which are compliant with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines:
Lysol® Disinfectant Spray.* 70% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol.*
Avoid using high alkaline cleaners, harsh chemicals or solvents to wipe up spills.
*Please Note: If taking the extra-step to disinfect as we recommend, please be sure to use lukewarm water and a paper towel to remove any disinfectant residual.
With proper care and regular cleaning, your quartz countertop will continue to shine and maintain its natural beauty for years to come. For more information on the care and maintenance of quartz countertops, please visit https://lucciare.com/care-and-maintenance/.
Lucciare Calacatta Classic’s delicate veins, gracefully weaving their way in shades of gold and gray, seamlessly merge with the subtle white backdrop, traversing the canvas and imbuing every corner with an enriching depth, elevating the overall design.
Frequently Asked Questions on cleaning a quartz countertop
- What is the best cleaner for quartz countertops?
The best cleaner for quartz countertops is a mild, non-abrasive dish soap mixed with warm water.
- Can I use vinegar to clean my quartz countertop?
While vinegar is a natural cleaner, it is not recommended for quartz countertops as it can dull the surface over time.
- How often should I clean my quartz countertop?
It is recommended to clean your quartz countertop daily or as needed to maintain its appearance.
For basic day-to-day wear, we advise simply using lukewarm water on a paper towel (or clean soft cloth) and a small amount of gentle soap or detergent to clean your countertops.
- Are there any cleaning products I should avoid using on quartz countertops?
Avoid using putty knife, abrasive cleaners, bleach, or harsh chemicals on quartz countertops as they can cause damage.
- How do I remove tough stains from my quartz countertop?
Lucciare® has been formulated to resist permanent staining when exposed to the myriad of liquids, spices, and other “staining agents” commonly used. However, we recommend you wipe clean (as per above) any liquid or food spills right away.
Ease of Maintenance
Quartz countertops are known for their low maintenance requirements, making them easier to maintain compared to other countertop materials.
Lucciare® surfaces are designed to last. Since they are hard and non-porous, they’re very easy to clean and maintain, requiring no sealing or polishing.
Remember to always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and guidelines provided for your specific quartz countertop product. Regular cleaning and proper maintenance will help keep your quartz countertops looking their best and ensure their durability for years to come.
For any further questions or inquiries, please feel free to contact us.